Sunday, July 24, 2016

Roll on a dead Squirrel !!!

small project i worked on for the new dog kennel under the stairs
i wanted to find wall art for the walls on the outside of the kennel so i found this sign on etsy
that i kinda liked.


but i kinda wanted to do my own spin on it, So i had my fiance cut me a board that would fit right in the middle of the dog opening.

Bought some paint from target and some brushes.  I liked the rustic look but opted to just do a solid color.  I used a satin pistachio and satin coal.
Total came out to about 8 bucks .


Pulled out the old plastic shower curtain and layed the background color on the board than sketched the writing on the board freehand, i thought about buying a stencil but totally forgot when i went to target, so hence the free hand.




After free handing everything i decided to eat some jar'ed peaches which i later stuck my paint brush in by accident :( 
Here are some progression pictures below, 



Well that's when i decided why not just paint a dead squirrel on the end of the board.  I know , I know weird humor , YAAASSSS !!!!



 So this was the final project completely I used 3m adhesive strip to adhere it to the wall as to not damage anything.  2lbs weight limit. 













No comments:

Post a Comment